With the unavoidable heat coming in fast, making sure the air conditioner is working properly is pertinent to staying cool, and out of the health risks that come with the unbearable heat. Regular general maintenance will help reduce wear and tear, and keep everything running smoothly without needing a huge overhaul. Keeping up with air conditioner maintenance is relatively easy, as long as some common knowledge is available. All that is needed is some simple tips to keep that cool air coming, and the sweltering heat away.
Changing the filter on the unit is a must. Replacing the filter every couple months can easily be a forgotten task, but it is one of the most important aspects of maintenance. Having clean vents in the A/C is also a large part of air conditioner maintenance. Dusting the unit multiple times every year will help, or you can have a professional complete a thorough cleaning of your air ducts and vents. Make sure you are not blocking the condensing unit with any objects. This is the part of the A/C that draws the air into the unit. Make sure it is uncovered and clean from obstructions so it can perform better. Bring in a professional such as J.R. Perkins in Scottsdale check everything else with the air conditioner. This includes making sure the electrical controls and coils are in top working shape. The technician can also calibrate your thermostat if needed. If maintenance is kept up, the air conditioning unit should run smoothly and keep everyone happy and cool.
About JR Perkins Heating & Cooling
JR Perkins Heating & Cooling is a family owned company based out of Scottsdale, AZ. Ranging from air conditioning repairs to heater installations, JR Perkins is your one stop shop for everything heating and cooling. John R. Perkins, known by most as Jack, founded JR Perkins Heating & Cooling in 1960 after working for many years in the industry. JR Perkins does maintenance, repairs and complete installations. They also offer solar energy systems for customers that want to choose a more green option and save money on energy in the long run.
Monday, April 8, 2013
The majority of every homes energy bill goes towards heating and cooling. Keeping a home at a comfortable temperature during all times of the year is important to every person. With spring arriving that means we are venturing into days filled with warmer weather. Cooling the home and protecting it from extreme heat this summer is important. Also saving on energy bills will allow you to have more spending money for summer vacations! Here are some cooling tips for summer:
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible in the summer. The less difference between the indoor and outdoor temperatures, the lower your overall cooling bill will be.
- Don’t set your thermostat at a colder temperature setting than normal when you turn on your air conditioner. It will not cool your home any faster and could result in excessive cooling and therefore unnecessary expense.
- Set the fan speed on high except in very humid weather. When it’s humid set the fan speed on low. You’ll get better cooling.
- Consider ceiling fans to spread the cooled air more effectively through your home without greatly increasing your power use.
- Don’t place lamps or TV sets near your air conditioning thermostat.
- Plant trees or shrubs to shade air-conditioning units but not block the airflow. A unit operating in the shade uses as much as 10% less electricity than the same one operating in the sun!
At J.R Perkins Heating and Cooling it is important to us that your home or business stays cool all summer long. We love to help with cooling and heating advice. We have been serving the Scottsdale area for over 50 years and are available to help with installing or repairing your ac unit before summer hits. Please visit our website for more information http://www.jrperkins.com/, and we hope this cooling tips help make your summer season more enjoyable!