With the new year starting to go into full swing, a new HVAC system can turn your property or home into something that you've always wanted, and increase its value overall, preparing you well in advance for hot weather.
Ready to get that new HVAC system installed? Here are 5 tips for how to go about the process:
- Hire right: Never assume a good price is all that you need. Unless you plan to install the entire system yourself (which isn’t recommended), you need a reputable HVAC contractor, like J.R. Perkins, to perform the installation.
- Never buy used: Your home or property needs a new system, one that is tested and true and has a warranty. Avoid buying used air conditioning systems.
- Don't go too big or too small: An HVAC system that is too big for your space will cost you more in the long run. Similarly, one that is too small won't work as intended. Have a professional inspect your property, measure the area, and install a system that fits your home right.
- Insulation is a must: The contractor that you choose will insulate accordingly. However, for properties that have never had an HVAC system, extra measures will need to be taken. With insulation, too little will hurt your R-Value and can cause unwanted air loss through cracks.
- Ask about security: Your HVAC unit will likely be placed on the exterior of your home. To ensure that it remains right where you placed it, ask your trusted air conditioning specialist about installing a security cage to protect your HVAC unit.
Still have questions? Just give us a call at (480) 946-5083.